Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A crop for the DT!

KT Crafts has some of the best message board members around! Just before our Mini Crop in February some of them got together to plan a crop for the Design Team.

Let me just tell you they gave us some good challenges! Not only did they quiz up on how well we knew the members, but their challenges were.. well... uh.. challenging!

So I wanted to share all the challenges

Challenge A: Complete a page using no cardstock. You can use stickers, patterned paper, chipboard ets. BUT there must be atleast 10 words or journaling on the page somewhere! by Christine

Challenge B:
Create a lo or card using bleach and solid colored cardstock. (use cardstock that is not white on the back)

Take a paper towel and fold it into a small square. Place on a small plate or bowl. Soak with bleach.

You can use as a stamp pad, or use q-tips for free hand!

Challenge C
Create a layout on the following:


Number of photos: three

Titles and lettering: Word Collage

Background: Floral

Shapes: Curves

Embellishments/Accents:
Buttons
Cut from patterned paper
mesh

Journaling style: conversational

Color combinations: aqua/bright green/orange
by Brittany

Challenge D
Make a one page LO about something fictitious & it must include at least one picture that best fits the "story." It cannot be something about a Disney character or anything like that. I must be a made up story by YOU. By Beth

This was by far the most difficult of all the challenges for me!

and Finally
Challenge E
You will recieve a BOX to be delivered shortly in the box will be your project/s
You will be dressing up!!
supplies need :- scalpel,or other good cutting tool ,strong glue and a sense of humour!
You will be allowed to add anything to your project/s
ie ribbons,charm,button,flowers
You mut use at least 3 sheets of paper from the box by Rose!

We each got a Word sign in the mail! It was beautiful as it was. We also got some DCWV Dressed up paper stack. OH MY!!!


IT was a rough month trying to do the challenges on top of the other things the Design team was trying to get done, but each of us did them and I have to say I learned something about myself. I do so much better under pressure! I love each of the projects I did! I had fun doing them!

2 comments:

Jeni Glee said...

I could not imagine how you and the rest of the DT could accomplish doing these projects. WOW, you all did! I enjoyed each and every one I saw....beautiful, beautiful work!

rose said...

You did so well with the challenges and they were wonderful
especially your Word,you really thought out of the box